Tummy Tuck in Boca Raton, FL
Abdominoplasty is commonly referred to as a tummy tuck, and is one of the most common plastic surgery procedures performed in Boca Raton, South Florida and Fort Lauderdale. Recent advances allow liv Plastic Surgery surgeons to reduce the thickness of the tummy skin with VASER® liposuction followed by tightening of the stomach muscles and removal of extra redundant skin while keeping the incisions in the bathing suit or tan lines. The vast majority of patients may now have the procedure done without placement of a drain tube. The no drain tummy tuck is one of Dr. Ress’ specialities. Liposuction of the abdomen and tummy tuck are performed at the same time with no need for drain tubes. This means everything can be done at the same time and you don’t have to come back at a later date. Performed nowadays as an outpatient operation under complete anesthesia, tummy tuck surgery corrects the visible signs of childbearing or significant weight loss.
If you are considering undergoing this type of procedure, and you’re making an online inquiry such as “tummy tuck near me”, our advice is to always check the credentials and recommendations of the place, before opting for the nearest option.
Look at our before and after gallery of south florida tummy tuck procedures
- A firmer tighter abdomen and improved waistline—like doing 10,000 sit-ups in 10 minutes
- Immediately fitting better in clothing
- Feeling sexier and more confident
- Weak muscles are tightened once again
- Tummy tuck can reduce back pain
- Overall posture improvement
- No-Drain Abdominoplasty – A tummy tuck procedure where liposuction is performed not just over the flanks but also over the mid abdomen, and the incision can lie in bikini line. The length of the incision depends on your anatomy, primarily how much extra skin is hanging from the lower tummy. This procedure is also one part of the mommy makeover.
- Partial or Mini Abdominoplasty – A tummy tuck operation where liposuction is performed but there is more relative fatty tissue than excess skin so the length of the incision can be minimized to just the length of the pubic area.
- Circumferential Abdominoplasty – Used for patients with significant extra skin which often occurs after massive weight loss due to gastric bypass or gastric sleeve operations. This procedure requires an incision that travels completely around the waistline. Often this operation is combined in a staged manner with other skin-reducing operations, such as a breast lift/reduction, arm lift (brachioplasty) and thigh lift. Drains are typically required for these extensive operations. Regardless of the type of tummy tuck Florida we have you covered, no matter what procedure you decide for.
A mini tummy tuck is similar to a traditional tummy tuck in that it removes the excess skin in the abdomen. However, the difference between a mini tummy tuck and a traditional or full tummy tuck is that the mini tummy tuck is performed only under one’s belly button. There is no change to your upper abdominal area. A mini tummy tuck tightens only the lower abdominal muscles. A benefit of the mini tummy tuck it that it will require less surgery time and a smaller incision. Since the procedure is done on a smaller area and with less intensity, you will also benefit from a shorter recovery period and will not have your navel repositioned due to the surgery being done under the belly button.
A mini tuck is not an option for everyone however. This procedure will only be beneficial to you if your excess skin or fat pockets are isolated in your lower abdomen and there is no extra skin or “belly rolls” above your navel.
If you are already considering undergoing a tummy tuck procedure, we advise you book your consultations first, to find out if you are a good candidate. You are likely a candidate for abdominoplasty if you have:
- Sagging skin on the lower portion of the stomach or upper part that goes over the navel
- Stretched abdominal muscles with protrusion of the abdomen due to prior pregnancy
- Flabby love handles that won’t go away
- Had gastric bypass or other weight loss surgery
Tummy tuck surgery typically results in major improvement in a person’s appearance and an almost immediate ability to fit better in clothes. his surgery also tightens the abdominal muscles that became weak after pregnancy or after weight loss. Patients report significant improvement in self-esteem, energy and sexuality. Due to the major amount of improvement obtainable, the downtime after surgery can be expected to be at least one to two weeks. liv Plastic Surgery has great experience with these type of abdominoplasty procedures.and a great patient response when it comes to their long-term contentment. Just look at our reviews online and at our before and after gallery.
Any time the skin is incised there will be a scar. We endeavor to keep the tummy tuck scar in the bikini line hidden by clothes. The incisions can take several months, up to a year to fade. We provide an extensive post surgery scar managment program to get the incisions to fade and soften faster. These include silicone pads, laser treatments and cortisone administration.
In regards to pain management – We maximize the use of non narcotic medications according to the latest guidelines. Usually the most pain you will feel occurs in the first few days following surgery. The use of long acting numbing medicine injected into the muscle during surgery and use of muscle relaxants make discomfort much less after surgery.
Some of the most common side effects of the procedure are typical of any surgical procedure: bleeding, infection, delayed healing and persistent swelling that can last up to three months following surgery.
Most patients will need a pre surgical medical clearance and blood tests. Our pre surgical tune up program makes sure your nutrition is maximized and your red blood count normalized prior to surgery. This is especially important for patients with prior gastric bypass or sleeve surgery or those who are diabetic.
The price of a tummy tuck procedure range between $6000 and $10000 depending on what additional procedures you care to add on to the base price.
At your consultation a comprehensive quote for your procedure will be determined. Factors involved in pricing include the type of tummy tuck, additional procedures requested and duration of surgery. Not all procedures can be performed in the office setting and require the use of a nearby hospital facility. This would happen if more extensive liposuction is needed, if you have medical issues and for many of our larger weight loss patients.
We will explain in detail all the factors involving your tummy tuck surgery and tummy tuck prices.
Patients over age 40 or with a history of gastric sleeve or bypass surgery will require a preoperative medical screening exam and a full nutritional evaluation.
At the preoperative visit:
- all your questions will be answered in great detail.
- Postoperative instructions will be carefully reviewed with you
- Before photographs taken
- Post operative prescriptions will be electronically sent to your pharmacy so you can have all your medications and supplies in place prior to your procedure.
- As mentioned earlier, Dr. Ress gives his cell phone number to his post op patients so communication with the doctor is simple.