Liposuction in Boca Raton, FL
For more Before and After pictures click here.
Liposuction, also known as lipoplasty or lipo, is a procedure designed to reshape and slim parts of the body by removing excess fat. At liv Plastic Surgery, we utilize the latest technologies to do this by offering VASERlipo®.
There are various parts of you body where liposuction treatment can be performed, such as – these include
- thighs both inner and outer
- banana roll under the butt crease
- enlarged male breasts (gynecomastia)
- Bra Fat in women (the area in the front part of the arm pit that pokes out when you wear a bra)
- the neck
Liposuction is among the most common cosmetic procedures in the USA, helping more than 300,000 people eliminate stubborn problem areas. Many who undergo liposuction at liv Plastic Surgery are so pleased with their results that they become walking advertisements for both the procedure and the practice.
Liposuction can be combined with other surgical procedures such as breast augmentation, tummy tuck, etc.
Am I a candidate for liposuction?
Almost everyone has an area or more on their body where the fat won’t respond to exercise or changes in diet. If you’ve tried working on these areas without success, liposuction could be the answer.
You should be a good candidate for liposuction if you:
- are within 15-20% of your ideal body weight
- have firm skin with good elasticity (test by pulling your skin outwards and see how fast it bounces back)
- have good muscle tone
- maintain a consistent weight
Liposuction is NOT:
- a form of Weight Loss or Weight Control- you will not lose any weight with liposuction procedure
- a way to remove excess skin
- is not a substitute for a tummy tuck or other lifting procedures
- Remove unsightly bulges of fat using minimally invasive technique
- Liposuction cost of liposuction is less than many other cosmetic procedures
- Minimal downtime from work and other activities
- Instantly noticeable results
- Offers dramatically improved appearance
- Kick Starts and motivates many patients on their diet and exercise goals
All Liposuction techniques have three basic steps: 1. inject a salt water wetting solution; 2. Applying energy to break up the fat for harvesting; and 3. collecting or harvesting the fat.
- STEP 1. The Wetting Solution also known as tumescent solution is sterile salt water at a concentration identical to your own blood that contains numbing medicine (lidocaine) and dilute adrenaline that shrinks blood vessels so there is no bleeding.
- STEP 2. Energy to Break up the Fat: Traditional energy is by using the surgeons own arm power with a rigid tube which can be traumatic to the tissues. VASER® Ultrasound Assisted – Uses the power of ultrasonic energy to break up and melt the fat with minimal trauma to surrounding tissues into liquid or small clumps so more fat can be removed very gently. SmartLipo(r) uses laser energy for the same but in our opinion less efficiently. PAL or Power Assisted Lipo uses a motor to vibrate a hollow tube mechanically breaking up the fat.
- STEP 3. Harvesting the fat: is performed with a hollow tube (cannula). THese come in different diameters and patterns depending on the surgeon’s preference or area to be treated. These cannula may also be motorized to improve efficiency.
How much does liposuction cost
Liposuction surgery cost depends on how many body areas you want liposuction treatment on. The prices of liposuction in Boca Raton are determined exactly at your consultation with the surgeon at liv Plastic Surgery, where we will work with you to determine what your best treatment options are in order to achieve your desired look.
The cost of liposuction will include:
- the surgeon’s fee based on the number of areas treated
- a small facility fee
- a fee for anesthesia if required
Each of these are considered 1 area:
- upper abdomen
- lower abdomen
- bra fat
Discounts are given for treating multiple areas at the same time.
As of January 2020, treating 2 areas will cost roughly $1899*
Local anesthesia is used most of the time and we recommend general anesthesia when treating large areas or multiple areas so we can be as aggressive as possible to remove that pesky fat.
This procedure has gained more popularity over the years, thanks to the ways how liposuction works. Patients increasingly want for their plastic surgery to be less noticeable, which is precisely what liposuction can offer.
Liposuction is so beloved because of its simplicity and its proven success rates. Additionally, it is a fairly quick procedure that produces results. The procedure involves the surgeon inserting a cannula (small hollow tube) just below the skin where the excess fat is located. Using a back-and-forth motion to break up the fat, the surgeon creates small bubbles that are then suctioned out of the body.
VASERlipo® uses state-of-the-art ultrasound technology. This technology allows the surgeon to focus on targeting only unwanted fat while preserving the surrounding tissues (such as nerves and blood vessels). By doing this, VASER® liposuction produces smooth contours and a much faster healing time. Patients see greater results with VASERlipo® than standard liposuction, in addition to a quicker recovery.
Results from your lipo procedure can be incredibly dramatic, but if you opt for liposuction in Boca Raton, they will be more than satisfactory, at the same time. Expect significant improvement in your shape and especially how you fit in clothes, but even more in your self – confidence. Weight loss, though, is not possible via liposuction
During your complimentary consultation, Dr. Ress at liv Plastic Surgery will determine which type of liposuction surgery method suits your needs. Contact us today if you are a woman or man yearning to look your best in Boca Raton or any surrounding areas of South Florida, including Delray Beach, Boynton Beach, Fort Lauderdale and all throughout Palm Beach, Broward and Miami-Dade counties.